- Basil tea helps digestion and soothes the gut.
- The basil extract acts beneficial in cases of stomatitis and herpes simplex.
- The basil essential oil relieves cough, flu and cold, depression and apathy and soothes insect bites and snakes.
- Essential oil also stimulates the nervous system, combats stress, anxiety, mental fatigue and helps concentrate.
- The consumption of basil leaves with oil, as a salad, combats constipation.
- It can enhance memory.
- In Italian cuisine, pesto pasta, a green Italian oil and herb sauce, is based on basil.
- It is believed that it can repulse mosquitoes.
- It is used in the pharmaceutical industry and in aromatherapy.
- It is widely used in the distillery.
One of the most "popular" vegetables in the world is lettuce, which...
Dianthus, commonly known as the carnation or clove pink is considered one...
The legendary hero of the War of Troy, Achilles, has...
According to Greek mythology, Enceladus - son of Tartarus and Earth - was the leader of the Titans and fell dead in the Battle of...
One of the most "popular" vegetables in the world is lettuce, which in addition to its deliciousness, has a special nutritional value, healing properties and also...